The Pueblo Rural Fire Protection District is looking for intelligent, ambitious, motivated people to join our team as a Full Time Firefighter.
As an all-hazards department we cover 150 square miles of eastern Pueblo County and provide EMS care including Advanced Life Support on all calls, Structural and Wildland Fire protection, Hazmat response, Fire Inspection and Prevention, as well as responding to calls for All-Hazards type emergencies. Pueblo Rural Fire District operates from three fire stations in the Blende, Baxter, and Avondale areas. We have currently completed a new Class A burn building/ training facility and added an Aerial Truck to the fleet. We also have a new Sutphen Engine ordered, with an arrival date of Fall 2024.
- Colorado State EMT Basic, EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic.
- Colorado State Firefighter 1 preferred but not required.
- Must be 20 years of age at time of testing.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Valid state of Colorado driver’s license
- Ability to pass Pueblo Rural Fire District Annual Physical Agility Test. (Current CPAT certificate shall be accepted in lieu of PRFD Physical Exam)
- Ability to pass a written exam with minimum score of 70%
Applications are available in person @ 29912 Highway 50 east, Pueblo Colorado, 81006 @ Pueblo Rural Station # 2, or can be downloaded @ puebloruralfire.com and sent to Attention:
Chief Furney @ [email protected] or
Assistant Chief Tracy @ [email protected]
Application opening date February 1, 2023. Application must be received no later than February 28, 2023 @ 1500.
- Pueblo Rural Fire District currently pays 90% of Employee/Family Health Insurance
- Pueblo Rural Fire District retirement is FPPA
- 48/96 shift schedule (new for 2023)
- Entry Level Firefighter with EMT-Basic $46,667.00-$51,244.00 00 with annual step increases on the second and third anniversary date of hire as well as additional incentive pay (see below)
- Entry Level Firefighter with EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic $51,467.00-$56,044.00 with annual step increases on the second and third anniversary date of hire as well as additional incentive pay (see below)
- Additional annual incentive Pay for the following certifications:
- Paramedic- $4800.00
- EMT-Intermediate- $4800.00
- Firefighter I- $650.00
- Firefighter II- $1000.00
- HAZ-MAT Technician- $650.00
- Fire Science Degree- $2,277.00
Application Check-Off (please include the following with application)
- Copy of Colorado EMT certificate
- Copy of current CPR certificate
- Copy of Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Copy of CPAT certificate
- Colorado DMV report
- DD214 if applicable
- 3 letters of reference from non-family members
- Any other Fire, EMS or HAZMAT certificates
- COMPLETED application.
Pueblo Rual Fire Protection District is not currently accepting application at this time.